Re: Remove "Recent messages" from `M-x report-emacs-bug'

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: Remove "Recent messages" from `M-x report-emacs-bug'
Date: Mon, 09 May 2016 20:23:22 +0000

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 3:58 PM Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> wrote:
You don't need sendmail or anything like that.  When you try to send
mail from an Emacs that doesn't have outgoing mail set up, it will
prompt you for how to send email.  Say "smtp.gmail.com", and you're
set.  (You may have to enter a password at some point, though.)

Thanks. But that also didn't help (I just tried). Ports 25, 465 are blocked.

Doing "telnet smtp.gmail.com 25" or "telnet smtp.gmail.com 465" gives me connection timeout.

You also mentioned that the attachment methods will not work for people who paste. I am essentially copying the mail content from the emacs report bug/compose mail buffer in linux and then pasting it across VNC in Gmail/Inbox compose window in Windows. So all data that I copy has to be plain text (no meta data like what we get when we copy stuff from a web browser).

Kaushal Modi