Re: Remove "Recent messages" from `M-x report-emacs-bug'

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: Remove "Recent messages" from `M-x report-emacs-bug'
Date: Mon, 09 May 2016 21:03:20 +0000

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 4:56 PM Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> wrote:
Port 587 is the mail submit port.

Yup, tried that too but doesn't work for me.

Tried regular telnet, didn't work. Also tried the below from http://stackoverflow.com/a/11049483/1219634 and that too did not work.

openssl s_client -starttls smtp -connect smtp.gmail.com:587 -crlf -ign_eof

or

openssl s_client -connect smtp.gmail.com:465 -crlf -ign_eof

I will just live with copying mail body in emacs and sending it via Gmail. I have spent a lot of time trying to make this work in the past and it just doesn't work based on all the blocked ports (sendmail works but only for sending mails in the company internally).

There is nothing but plain text to copy, even when a Message buffer is
set up for doing attachments.  You won't be sending attachments if you
do copy, but that's not any worse than the situation is today.

OK.

Kaushal Modi