Re: Remove "Recent messages" from `M-x report-emacs-bug'

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: Remove "Recent messages" from `M-x report-emacs-bug'
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 12:06:38 +0200

Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> writes:

> Hmm, now that I think.. I married two issues together.. I have never been
> able to configure gnus to work.. it just times out when trying to fetch
> even news,gmane.org and also I was never able to setup gmail using that
> (same timeout issue).

Maybe the port is blocked?  I think gmane supports several ports.
According to my init.el, I have had good results with 563.

(add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
               '(nntp "gmane"
                      (nntp-address "news.gmane.org")
                      (nntp-connection-timeout 5)
                      (nntp-open-connection-function nntp-open-ssl-stream)
                      (nntp-port-number 563)))

> Secondly I cannot send bug reports from within emacs
> as the outgoing email will be my work email (instead of the gmail email
> where I subscribe to all emacs ML).

For me, it is sufficient to set the X-Message-Smtp-Method header,

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/message/Mail-Variables.html

--
... The proofs are technical in nature and provide no real understanding