RE: Remove "Recent messages" from `M-x report-emacs-bug'

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Remove "Recent messages" from `M-x report-emacs-bug'
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 07:44:48 -0700 (PDT)

>   > Asking is not bad, as a default behavior.  But a user who is asked
>   > should be able, while responding, to state whether s?he wants to
>   > continue to be asked for subsequent bug reports.
>
> Why?  The answer won't be the same each time.  It depends on what
> you're doing.

The answer _might_ be the same each time.  Or it might be the
same _most_ times.  The point is to give a user the chance to
_decide whether_ to be asked each time.  Some users might not
want to be asked each time.

A user can set personal default behavior.  A user can override
that behavior for any given bug report (e.g., if s?he thinks
that some kind of info is important to that report).

These latter two features are what I provided in the slight
extension to emacsbug.el: (1) Let users customize what the
default behavior is, for them. (2) Let users override this
for any given report, by providing commands that insert
particular kinds of info.

What you added to the mix was the suggestion to ask users
what they want to do in this regard, when they submit a
report.

What I added to your suggestion is to let users do that
AND let them choose whether to (a) apply their answer
also to future reports or (b) be asked anew each time.