Removing bugs from the blockers

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Removing bugs from the blockers
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 00:35:37 +0300

On 05/11/2016 04:47 AM, John Wiegley wrote:

Indeed this bug is in our blocking list, according to debbugs. So thank you
very much for the fix! What I can't imagine is this being a release blocker
for 25.1

It seems minor, but it made a certain kind of functions impossible to define. Which makes it a regression, at least in theory.

And since someone noticed it, Elisp code that triggers it likely exists in the wild.

I'm wondering if you and some of other core devs would be willing to spend a
few days scanning through the blocking bugs list[1], to see which ones really
need to be fixed in the next month, and which can be deferred until later?

I'm fuzzy on what "really need" means, but:

20420 is not very important, and likely wontfix.
22107 - same.
22527 is not very important.
19479 is a crapfest, and is unlikely to be fixed soon (we haven't even fixed the basic signature verification functionality yet, see the other bugs, and that's shameful).

This one was very nearly wishlist, in my opinion, though I haven't run into
the problem enough for it to have bothered me personally.

I've fixed a lot of bugs that haven't bothered me personally. The fix wasn't too hard anyway.