[Ann]: An Implementation of the Shen programming language in Elisp and a

From: aditya siram
Subject: [Ann]: An Implementation of the Shen programming language in Elisp and a call for help
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 16:01:09 -0500

Hi all,
I'm happy to announce a port of the Shen programming language [1] to Elisp [2]. This means that all Shen programs can be run directly from Emacs without any other dependencies. It is available for immediate installation via Melpa [3].

However I could use some help with a couple of issues with packaging and warnings generated by the byte-compiler:
1. I can't seem to get rid of warnings when byte-compiling the generated "shen.el" [4] even though I have the byte-compile-warnings property the top of the file. I'm getting a lot of "unused lexical variable" warnings even though "lexical" is in the list of warnings.
2. I would like for the "shen.el" and "shen-primitives.el" [5] file to be byte-compiled and loaded right after compilation even though they don't have any autoloads. Currently they are only loaded with I call the function `shen/repl` [6] which doesn't feel very responsive. Ideally they are loaded at the time they are compiled.

Thanks!
-deech

[1] http://shenlanguage.org
[2] http://github.com/deech/shen-elisp