Re: Paragraph styles in doc strings

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Paragraph styles in doc strings
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 16:53:51 -0400

> Unless I've missed something, I think that means that everybody who's
> weighed in here is in favour of the "empty line" style.

FWIW, I like to keep the vertical space usage to a minimum, so I often
prefer to avoid the empty lines (and use the "Newline" style instead).

If we ever want to refill docstrings automatically (ideally when
displaying them), then we'll need some stronger hint than a newline.
So I guess an empty line is not a bad idea, but I would indeed welcome
some font-lock hack that make those empty lines shorter.

        Stefan