Re: Making better use of the "release blocking list" [was: bug#23288: 25

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Making better use of the "release blocking list" [was: bug#23288: 25.0.92; Clicking on links inserts primary X selection]
Date: Sat, 21 May 2016 19:02:43 -0700

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
   20247 -- for Emacs 25.1, suggest to default
            desktop-restore-in-current-display to t, and then release the block

Yes, that's my thought too; see <http://bugs.gnu.org/20247#16>. This is a change to Emacs behavior and I said I'd mention this on emacs-devel before installing it, but now I see you beat me to mentioning it.

The main objections in that bug report to changing the default were along the lines of "someone should come up with a better fix", which of course would be nice if someone had the time to do that. In the meantime changing the default would have prevented the reported problem and seems like an improvement overall.