Re: master b342815: Improve define-function omitted-arg documentation

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master b342815: Improve define-function omitted-arg documentation
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 21:51:07 +0300

> From: Glenn Morris <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 13:02:29 -0400
> Cc: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
>
> Glenn Morris wrote:
>
> > IMO all the stuff about t is an internal implementation detail that has
> > no place in the documentation.
>
> Ach, blast, I see it was mentioned briefly before.

Not only mentioned, it also needs to be used when you want to specify
FILEONLY, but leave the argument least unspecified.  So we cannot hide
that, I think.  I agree that the special meaning of omitting ARGLIST
could be described differently, but I find the text that Paul
installed clear and definitely adequate,