Re: Common Lisp Emulation vs Common Lisp Extensions

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: Common Lisp Emulation vs Common Lisp Extensions
Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 22:20:27 +0200

On 2016-05-29, at 17:16, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't think I see the mess.  You are looking for identical text
> where there shouldn't be one.  The assumption is that the reader uses
> the same format consistently for all the manuals.  This assumption is
> at the basis of the Texinfo documentation system, and has nothing to
> do with Emacs the project.  We just use Texinfo, that's all.

FWIW, I am a counterexample proving that that assumption is false.
I might read the Emacs Lisp Intro on my ebook reader (using a version
converted from HTML), then consult the Emacs Lisp Reference in an Info
buffer, and print out parts of the Emacs Manual from a pdf.  Not that
I did it all in this way, but it _might_ be that way (and indeed I used
all three of those formats - Info, pdf and HTML - at some point in
time).

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski