Re: Note on e65c307 breaks font-height

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Note on e65c307 breaks font-height
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 10:00:19 +0200

>> I have no idea what the --eval is for.
>
> I put that --eval in only because Rostislav Svoboda's bug report mentioned it
and I thought that it was needed to reproduce the bug.

Aha.  It's not needed here.

>>  > And in both Emacs 24.5 and emacs-25 if I reapply .emacs the
>>  > display changes to the same (nicer) appearance.
>>
>> But in Emacs 25 I have to _manually_ reapply .emacs.
>
> Yes, that is annoying. But I had to manually reapply .emacs in Emacs 24.5
too, with the scenario involving --eval. So this was not a regression for me in
that case, which means I haven't reproduced your bug yet....

I see.

>> dynamic-setting-handle-config-changed-event: Symbol’s value as variable is
void:
>> default-face-font-user-spec
>
> Ach, that was a stupid last-minute typo. Revised patch attached.

In this case the behavior is unchanged.  This is expected since the
problematic call is ‘set-face-attribute’ (as you can see from the
backtraces I sent) and your patch doesn't inhibit that.

martin