Re: debbugs-gnu-bugs shows unanswered bugs as handled

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: debbugs-gnu-bugs shows unanswered bugs as handled
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2016 10:25:16 +0200

Tino Calancha <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Tino,

> debbugs-gnu-bugs may show a bug with face debbugs-gnu-handled
> even though such bug has not being answered yet.
>
> The patch (see below) solve this issue relaxing the condition to
> 'log_modified - 'date < 3.

Thanks for this. I've committed it to the ELPA repo. There are some few
other points on my debbugs todo list; will fix them over the
weekend. After this, debbugs 0.9.6 will be released.

> Another issue with the predicate to assign face 'debbugs-gnu-new
> is that it may consider as answered a bug where only the OP sent info.
>
> I don't see easy way to solve this with current implementation.
>
> Could be added a new attribute 'ncommunicators' to the status of a bug?

That's not possible. `debbugs-get-status' retrieves all information via
the Debbugs SOAP interface which are available, see its docstring. You
could check the attributes also in the *Emacs Bugs* buffer, typing "d"
(à la "debug") over a bug. The only exception here is "cache_time", this
attribute is added by debbugs.el.

Extending the SOAP interface this way is out of our scope, I fear. And
it would also decrease the performance.

I will add a note to the User Guide about this deficiency.

> Tino

Best regards, Michael.