Re: gnu.org-hosted external repositories for GNU ELPA packages?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: gnu.org-hosted external repositories for GNU ELPA packages?
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2016 12:57:54 -0400

> I guess my question is really just: Can I register each of my Emacs
> packages as a git repository at savannah.gnu.org?

If you want to have your canonical development take place outside of
elpa.git you can, and in that case you can have it anywhere you like.

Of course, I'd recommend you just use elpa.git in that case.

> I do understand that all of GNU ELPA is built from the main repository,
> but I wouldn't expect to get access to push arbitrary changes to that
> repository,

Your expectations are wrong.  We normally give write access to the
repository to the maintainers of the packages.

        Stefan