Re: Bug #22983 (syntax-ppss returns wrong result) is still open. Could w

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Bug #22983 (syntax-ppss returns wrong result) is still open. Could we fix it before the release, please.
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 01:15:47 +0300

On 06/08/2016 01:09 AM, Alan Mackenzie wrote:

I've just tried it again in the emacs-25 branch, and it is as badly
broken as it was back in March.

I think it was considered to be too risky a change even back in March, and it was never discussed as a possible blocker.

But that's not for me to decide.

With this fix, and using this new function in place of the current
syntax-ppss in accordance with its spec, the above bug wouldn't happen.

If my fix isn't wanted, can somebody who likes syntax-ppss PLEASE fix it
before the release, so that, finally, it behaves according to its
specification.

Is there something wrong with the patch I posted?

http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22983#47