Re: Redisplay: NS port, high CPU load

From: Anders Lindgren
Subject: Re: Redisplay: NS port, high CPU load
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 16:11:58 +0200

In any case, we need to understand what triggers the expensive toolbar update.

Try to clear out one of :post-read-conversion and :pre-write-conversion to see which of the two is the culprit. (While you're at it, try to clear out both first just to make sure we're barking up the right tree.)

I just saw one suspicious thing: `ucs-normalize-hfs-nfd-pre-write-conversion' change current buffer but doesn't restore it, whereas the post-read function use save-excursion.

    -- Anders