Re: Redisplay: NS port, high CPU load

From: Anders Lindgren
Subject: Re: Redisplay: NS port, high CPU load
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 08:02:40 +0200

Hi!

> * When deleting a character like "ä" (which in the HFS file system is decomposed into "a" and "¨") the full character should be deleted. Earlier, when pressing backspace, "ä" was converted to an "a”.

I don’t know how to test that, as I don’t know what deletion of a character means in the context of a filename.

If you have a file named "åäö.txt" and you have auto-completed it, deleting a character simply means pressing backspace. Earlier, when deleting, say, the "ä", it was converted to an "a", so you had to press backspace twice to delete a single character.

It looks like this particular issue (30% CPU load) may be addressed.  I don’t know yet whether the 100% CPU load issue is the same, as I can't reproduce it.

Do you want to check in the function above?

I will be away for the weekend, so if you have write access, feel free to commit it yourself. Otherwise, I can do it at the beginning of next week. Personally, I think this should go into the emacs-25 branch but we will have to get that approved from John or Eli.

    -- Anders