Re: Redisplay: NS port, high CPU load

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: Redisplay: NS port, high CPU load
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 20:36:06 +1000

On Jun 10, 2016, at 8:22 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> To be sure this triggers redisplay of the tool bar, you need:
>
>  . emacs -Q
>  . disable blink-cursor-mode
>  . disable global-eldoc-mode
>  . define an interactive function that does the above insertion, and
>    then bind that function to a key (I used F8)
>  . press F8 and see if update_frame_tool_bar is called

Well, turns out this happens with -q, but not with -Q.

If I clear tool-bar-map, the update goes away, but running populating it with a
standard toolbar as per (tool-bar-setup), the updates come back.
So, I’m not sure what exactly makes this happen - I’m obviously loading a whole
lot of settings with -q.

I’m assuming I’ll have to give you something more reproducible then, so please
stand by.