Re: Subject: Call for testers for GNU Hyperbole 5.12, a large, useful Em

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: Re: Subject: Call for testers for GNU Hyperbole 5.12, a large, useful Emacs package
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 18:02:01 -0400

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 10:50 AM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

>  > (if (not (display-graphic-p))
>  > ;; Installation of Hyperbole requires a non-dumb terminal
>  > ;; instance of Emacs, i.e. under a window system.

Why do you need that?  IOW, what doesn't work on a TTY frame?  I don't
expect to see any real problems, since in a modern Emacs version most
features "just work" on TTY frames.  Colors, menus, dialogs, mouse,
everything.  There could be some old code you have that fails because
it uses low-level or obsolescent APIs, but that's about all I'd
expect.

So please tell why you needed to enforce display-graphic-p.

----
Good news with recent updates to Hyperbole, it builds just fine under a tty-based Emacs (V25.0.94), as I just tested it.
So I will remove that conditional from the installation instructions.

Bob