Re: font-lock-syntactic-keywords obsolet?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: font-lock-syntactic-keywords obsolet?
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2016 23:14:32 -0400

> Anyway, if all your scans are logically bound within the edit area, I see no
> reason why you can't implement a syntax-propertize-function, multiple scans
> or no.

Actually, he just gave an example where the scan is *not* bound within
the edit area:

    If you remove (from a C++ buffer) a terminating template delimiter
    (">"), that will have the effect of removing the syntax-table text
    property from its former matching opener ("<").

In syntax-propertize, if you decided to provide the same behavior, you'd
do it via syntax-propertize-extend-region-functions.

        Stefan