Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole

From: Tom
Subject: Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 20:36:31 +0000 (UTC)

Karl Fogel <kfogel <at> red-bean.com> writes:

> though what most of the features have in common is that they
> depend at least on the *syntax* of Org Mode files.

Not necessarily. I mean it's hard to imagine that when someone
wrote a new feature for org then he always reimplemented parsing
of orgmode entries and such instead of calling some internal api
function like (orgmode-get-node-property "x").

I don't know the code, but at least there is a possibility that
there's some internal api which orgmode features use, instead of
dealing with text entries directly.