[ELPA] New package: compact-docstrings

From: Clément Pit--Claudel
Subject: [ELPA] New package: compact-docstrings
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 13:30:42 -0400

Hi emacs-devel,

As a follow-up to the recent discussion on docstring styles (see
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2016-05/msg00240.html), I just
pushed the attached package to scratch/compact-docstrings (this is my first
push to ELPA, so please excuse potential mistakes).

This very simple package defines a `compact-docstrings-mode' mode mode. When
activated, empty lines in docstrings and doc comments are displayed in a
different font (currently defaulting to half-height). In practice, this shrinks
white space in docstrings to save space, while still clearly separating
consecutive paragraphs. The development of this package was suggested by
Stefan; I've been using it for about a week now, and it works pretty well for
me.

The github page at https://github.com/cpitclaudel/compact-docstrings has a
screenshot.

Opinions and advice welcome!