Re: Python interactive navigation around nested functions

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: Python interactive navigation around nested functions
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 21:29:04 +0200

On 2016-06-24 18:10, Dima Kogan wrote:
Yeah, I'd rather not proliferate multiple similar-yet-slightly-different
behaviors, so I'll simply use my own python nav functions in my work if
this gets rejected.
That would be too bad

Not that much, as it displays another basic strength of Emacs.
For me a major reason for preferring it over other tools, which might be smarter in detail.

;.I think you're making a good point; and still the frustrating part with a
python-specific fix is that C-M-a will have a different meaning depending on
the programming language :/

Nope. A function definition as displayed here is pretty comparable with its role in Emacs Lisp.
A case would be def/class distinction - which is not at stake.