Re: Emoji on Mac OS X

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: Emoji on Mac OS X
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 18:00:43 +0900

Hi Toon,

On Jun 27, 2016, at 5:33 PM, Toon Claes <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've been using emacs 25.0.91 for a while.
> To have emoji in emacs on OS X, I am using this line in my init file:
>
> (set-fontset-font t 'symbol (font-spec :family "Apple Color Emoji") nil
> ‘prepend)

Support for multi-color font is provided by the system, but is being actively
prevented by code in Emacs for political reasons.

It is still enabled in the Aquamacs distribution.   Yamamoto’s Mac port should
have it, too.
Alternatively, you can build Emacs yourself without the anti-multi-color font
change if you undo the change 😺:

git revert 9344612d3cd164317170b6189ec43175757e4231