Re: Emoji on Mac OS X

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Emoji on Mac OS X
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 18:27:22 +0900

> 2016/06/27 18:00、David Reitter <address@hidden> のメール:
>
> Hi Toon,
>
> On Jun 27, 2016, at 5:33 PM, Toon Claes <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I've been using emacs 25.0.91 for a while.
>> To have emoji in emacs on OS X, I am using this line in my init file:
>>
>> (set-fontset-font t 'symbol (font-spec :family "Apple Color Emoji") nil
>> ‘prepend)
>
> Support for multi-color font is provided by the system, but is being actively
> prevented by code in Emacs for political reasons.
>
> It is still enabled in the Aquamacs distribution.   Yamamoto’s Mac port
> should have it, too.
> Alternatively, you can build Emacs yourself without the anti-multi-color font
> change if you undo the change 😺:
>
> git revert 9344612d3cd164317170b6189ec43175757e4231

BTW, multi-color font display is only a part of emoji support.
The Mac port supports emoji variation selectors for selecting
text/emoji presentation, emoji modifiers for skin tones, emoji
flag sequences, and emoji zwj sequences.  See
http://unicode.org/reports/tr51/ for details.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden