Re: Why are the tests byte-compiled

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Why are the tests byte-compiled
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 14:35:53 +0100

Noam Postavsky <address@hidden> writes:

> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=17851 seems related

That's interesting, although, I'm struggling to see when this statement:

This was never apparent before because even though the files in
test/automated were compiled, the tests were always run from the
uncompiled file.

was true. AFAICT, the makefile always used the elc files.

Still, it does look like it might be worth changing on master. I'll
experiment.

Phil