Re: Beyond release

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: Beyond release
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 18:21:27 +0200

On 2016-06-27 05:58, Andreas Röhler wrote:
To make clear, that's not just a personal view, please consider
the withdraw of advanced and promising theorem prover
Isabelle/HOL, which doesn't longer support Emacs, while relying
on it before. BTW that withdraw was in time, before John took
over and AFAIU caused by a policy, which hopefully is abandoned
now.
I think that's an incorrect characterisation (see statements that
Makarius made on the Proof General mailing list).
That's where my conclusions are from. Any precise spot to tell
otherwise?
Yes: Makarius wrote: "While it is technically feasible to connect Proof General to
Isabelle/Scala/PIDE in some imitation of the old TTY mode, I personally don't believe
that there are serious adherents to Emacs still around to do that."

In which way that would contradict my saying? BTW still believing Emacs is a suitable tool in logic programming.