Re: Alignment and images

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Alignment and images
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 20:43:47 +0300

> From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 18:50:06 +0200
>
> (progn
>   (insert-image (create-image "~/rms.jpg") " ")
>   (insert (propertize " " 'display
>                           `(space :align-to (200))
>                           'intangible t))
>   (insert-image (create-image "~/rms.jpg") " "))

Thanks.

Intangible doesn't work because we deprecated it, and set
inhibit-point-motion-hooks to t; set it to nil, and it will work (but
you really should use the newer replacements).  However, this won't
solve your problem, since the cursor position before the stretch will
always be visited, as intangible doesn't affect it.

We have on the C level a flag to avoid positioning cursor on a stretch
glyph (we use it for line-prefix and wrap-prefix), but we don't expose
it to Lisp.