Re: Accessing rendered image data

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Accessing rendered image data
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 21:21:28 +0300

> From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 20:15:05 +0200
>
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > And I still don't understand how all this helps you to get what you
> > want.
>
> It does.  Trust me.  :-)

And you should trust me that I don't like wasting my time on digging
into problems whose purpose I don't fully understand ;-)

> In any case, shouldn't this work?

Should I care?

> (insert (propertize "FOO" 'face (list :font (find-font (font-spec :name
> "futura" :size 40)))))
>
> It doesn't work, and I wonder why.  Do more specs in the font-spec need
> to be specified for Emacs to decide to use the Futura font?

How should I know?  This stuff is not documented at all, so you are
asking me to step in a debugger through gobs of unfamiliar and
complicated code, without ever understanding what is it that I'm
trying to accomplish.  That's not in my job description.

If you want my help, try telling more.