Re: Emacs 25.0.94: Is require failing to define macros and functions at

From: John Mastro
Subject: Re: Emacs 25.0.94: Is require failing to define macros and functions at compile time?
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 14:04:34 -0700

Robert Weiner <address@hidden> wrote:
> What happened to less code is easier to maintain?  Or don't repeat yourself?

The benefit of less code and "DRY" is that they make systems easier to
comprehend, maintain, and extend. Those are very important properties
but arguably (and IMO) don't apply to this case (or, IMO, to the earlier
discussion regarding `called-interactively-p').

Obviously, this is subjective and arguably bikeshedding. I like less
code too - I just don't think it will always and in every case lead us
to the best overall result.

        John