Re: Emacs 25.0.94: Is require failing to define macros and functions at

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: Re: Emacs 25.0.94: Is require failing to define macros and functions at compile time?
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 19:14:38 -0400

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 6:42 PM, Drew Adams <address@hidden> wrote:
>      (provide 'my-feature)  ; Ignored by byte compiler,
>                             ;   evaluated by 'load'.
>      (require 'my-feature)  ; Evaluated by byte compiler.
>
>  The compiler ignores the 'provide', then processes the 'require' by
>  'provide' call, so the subsequent 'require' call does nothing when the
>  file is loaded.

Thank you for the pointer.

I would, however, rather have a byte-compiler option that can be set
once per package that produces this behavior so I don't have to do
this on a per-file basis or even look at any code for it each time I
read the source, just like the byte-compile-warnings variable lets me
do away with warnings I don't need in one central location.

Bob