Re: C and Emacs Lisp code parts

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: C and Emacs Lisp code parts
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2016 15:26:40 +0200

On 01.07.2016 11:17, John Wiegley wrote:
Andreas Röhler <address@hidden> writes:
You need a number to believe function running from Emacs Lisp is slower than
an implementation in C?
Performance and efficiency have many dimensions. Switching out a bus for a
race car might could mean very little if your map is bad.

We've put out the call for a performance czar before, but thus far no takers.
It's an area where much help is needed, and could be an interesting puzzle to
take on.

Indeed - do you have any special task in mind? Would my disclaimer be sufficient for the test cases provided maybe?
Or --maybe better-- keep that stuff out of distributed Emacs?