Re: scratch/gnus-cloud ece27ed 01/61: Merge branch 'master' of git.sv.gn

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: scratch/gnus-cloud ece27ed 01/61: Merge branch 'master' of git.sv.gnu.org:/srv/git/emacs
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2016 15:53:15 -0400

On Fri, 01 Jul 2016 21:46:49 +0300 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

>> From: Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden>
>> Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2016 13:47:19 -0400
>>
>> On Fri,  1 Jul 2016 17:37:50 +0000 (UTC) address@hidden (Teodor Zlatanov)
>> wrote:
>>
TZ> branch: scratch/gnus-cloud
TZ> commit ece27ed21920283af9af1d78bd5235bf6097fce1
TZ> Merge: 743e6b6 13feb31
TZ> Author: Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden>
TZ> Commit: Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden>
>>
TZ> Merge branch 'master' of git.sv.gnu.org:/srv/git/emacs
>>
>> Maybe the notification script should skip merge commits or ignore
>> scratch branches? It just sent out a whole bunch of notifications for a
>> scratch branch.

EZ> Why did you make so many merges from master onto the scratch branch?
EZ> This shouldn't be necessary to begin with.

The point is that it's a scratch branch. I'm asking for these branches
to be excluded from diffs, otherwise I'll have to use another Git server
so I'm not spamming emacs-diffs.

FWIW, I merge the current master into my branch to make sure it works
fine. This is automated so it happens all the time, and I will rebase,
squash, and adjust the commit messages when it's time to push the code
to a public branch. But all that is not relevant, there are many ways to
generate noise in scratch branches.

Ted