Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole

From: Scott Randby
Subject: Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2016 09:59:12 -0400

On 07/02/2016 08:05 PM, Richard Stallman wrote:

The issue at hand is how to develop new features so that they extend
Emacs in a clean way that reduces the added difficulty of learning new
features.

You've explicitly said that you don't care about Emacs.  You care only
about Org mode.  It appears that you don't want Emacs to be easier for
users to learn.  However, that is our goal even if you don't support
it.  We will have to disregard your views.  We don't need to win you
over.  It appears you're not a major Emacs contributor; I don't see
your email address in the log.

I understand that my views are not so important since I am not an Emacs contributor, but please don't misrepresent what I've said on this thread. It is completely unfair of you to say that I explicitly claimed that I don't care about Emacs and that I care only for Org. I said no such thing, and you are 100% wrong in thinking I said such a thing. Here is what I said:

"Yes, I care more about Org than other packages because I use Org for almost all of my work, it is a fantastic tool."

Caring more for Org than other packages says nothing about how I care for Emacs (unless Emacs is a package of itself), it says nothing about the level of my regard for packages other than Org except that I care more for Org than them, and it says nothing about how I feel about making Emacs easier to use.

Since I am not an Emacs developer, I will cease to make comments on this list.

Scott Randby