Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole

From: Etienne Prud'homme
Subject: Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 09:11:01 -0400

On Mon, 4 Jul 2016 22:33:42 +0100,
"Phillip Lord" <address@hidden> wrote:

> So you can put it on the web. I think exporting is more useful for
> things other than a TODO list though. This is the source code of
> lentic, for example, turned into org-mode, then exported to HTML with
> skinned with an info like javascript.

Another important thing to note about org-mode is its flexibility to do
things. I just started using it one month ago and I can already see
what it could do.

For example, in my to-do list, I’ve got several projects that aren’t
related and I would like to keep them private. I also got several task
categories like documentation, implementation, testing, etc. Using
Org-mode, I can select a project and configure org-mode in a way that
it would generate a time report and a summary of my work. That report
could then be exported in a convenient file format and be given to my
client.

However, I can’t agree more with RMS that this mode is monolithic.
That’s a major problem. However, if we take CEDET as an example,
Org-mode components can’t work on their own given the complexity of
their relations. Could CEDET be refactored in ways that we could enjoy
many of its functions? Maybe, but that should be done on a case-by-case
basis.

Etienne Prud'homme