Re: eval, load and -l

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: eval, load and -l
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2016 19:40:38 +0300

> From: Stephen Berman <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2016 17:37:01 +0200
>
> Can the recomputing in step 26 (or 27?) change the menu bar?

It can resize the frame, I think.  (27 runs a hook, so it cannot
possibly be part of the issue here.)

> Yet step 26 only refers to modifications specified in the init
> files, which doesn't seem relevant to this case.

They are relevant, because they also change the frame defaults.

But I didn't trace into the code, so maybe there's some other factor
in this specific case.  I was just explaining why --load should be
expected to produce different results in general.