Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 10:49:25 +0200

On Tue, Jul 05 2016, Richard Stallman wrote:

>   >  Using
>   > Org-mode, I can select a project and configure org-mode in a way that
>   > it would generate a time report and a summary of my work. That report
>   > could then be exported in a convenient file format and be given to my
>   > client.
>
> Since projects generally have different files (or even different
> directories), the usual Emacs way to handle this would be that if you
> visit something in one project and look for the todo list, you get
> that project's todo list.

To be fair, the OP (the attribution is missing, so I'm not sure who
you're responding to) was talking about a "time report and a summary of
[their] work", which is more than just the todo list.

> That has the advantage that it requires no special knowledge or
> configuration.

Yeah, but that's trivial, isn't it? I mean, I could (in fact, sometimes
do) keep an Org file in a project's directory with a todo list in it and
if I want to see the project's todo list, I just open that Org file.

Actually using the todo list effectively will require investing some
time in learing the mode itself, regardless of whether I use todo-mode
or org-mode.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments