Re: Improving describe-mode and discoverability

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Improving describe-mode and discoverability
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 10:47:08 -0700

> What do you think? I would be happy to get help in refining this code (and
> this proposal). For example, we could consider hyperlinking the function
> names to their sources, or letting users expand the first line of the
> documentation to show the full docstring. We could also think about ways to
> cover functions that are not bound to a key by default, but which users may
> want to bind (e.g. by looking for interactive functions starting with the
> mode's name).

This is wonderful, Clément! However, I wouldn't change the behavior of
`describe-mode': I'd add a new function (in ELPA to begin with) called
`describe-mode-verbose', and then advise `describe-mode' so that, at the
beginning or end of the help buffer, a button appears leading one to that
information.