Welcoming a new co-maintainer: Eli Zaretskii

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Welcoming a new co-maintainer: Eli Zaretskii
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 11:47:43 -0700

Greetings, denizens of the Emacs-verse,

I'd like you to join me in welcoming Eli Zaretskii as our new co-maintainer
for the Emacs project. He has already distinguished himself by an unflagging
commitment to bug resolution, discussion contributions, and patches. Now I'm
asking that he further assist me in the work of making decisions that relate
to overall Emacs policy and directions we'll be taking in the future.

My own life has recently placed time constraints on me that make it difficult
to keep up with every discussion on a daily basis. Eli's help will allow me to
focus on fewer discussions in greater depth, and to spend time on a few
technical matters that I'd been unable to get back to recently.

Please give Eli your whole-hearted support, and remember that our collective
aim is one: to create a better Emacs. The more smoothly and amicably we can
conduct our work, the easier it will be to reach that goal.

Yours,