Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 13:23:03 +0100

On Thursday,  7 Jul 2016 at 21:54, Richard Stallman wrote:
>   > For distribution of project progress reports, minutes of meetings, ...
>
> I don't think that most developers will want to format their progress
> reports, let alone and print them.

Well, I guess this depends on what you label as developers and/or
whether it is just developers you are concerned with.  I manage projects
which consist of coordinating teams of researchers, developing
proposals, writing code, writing articles, holding meetings, writing
progress reports, etc.  org helps tremendously in keeping track of all
of these things.  I tend to have one org file for any given project.

> What we tell users now is
>
>   Here's a system for formatting and printing things.
>     By the way, it's good for editing your todo lists
>     (and you can then format and print them, if you wish).
>
> What we should tell them is
>
>   Here's a system for formatting and printing things.
>
>   Here's a system for editing your todo lists.
>     (By the way, you can then format and print them, if you wish).
>
> It could be the same set of features, and more or less the same
> commands, but presented differently.

Fine.  Maybe it's all about presentation then.  I don't see any conflict
between org and emacs generally.  But, then again, I use evil ;-)

For me, the key is that I can work on all project related aspects in one
document for each project.  YMMV, of course.

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xFFFCF67D