Re: Understanding the cause of a bug causing *all* bindings to be wiped

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: Understanding the cause of a bug causing *all* bindings to be wiped out
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 14:00:53 +0000

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 8:33 AM Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
Or maybe it's a high-priority map that's hiding all the bindings.

I do use high-priority map. But basic bindings like C-x C-c, C-n/C-p, etc are in the global map. Also this bug causes all those keys to be totally unbound. So it's not as if a high-priority map is masking a global map key. If it is unbound, it is unbound in both high-priority and global maps, right?

Next time this happens, I'll see if my high-priority map bindings are intact. To prepare for that, I will bind C-h l to the high priority map too so that they work even if global map is wiped out (there's probably no point binding M-x, M-:, etc in high-priority map because the self insert bindings are wiped out too).