Re: instead of gnus-cloud.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: instead of gnus-cloud.el
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 09:06:34 -0400

  > If "cloud" is really unacceptable, this replaces gnus-sync.el so maybe
  > it could take that name. But I would rather explain the joke in the
  > commentary.

That joke might be funny, if it were presented clearly enough that
people could get it.

But please don't put the joke in the file name.  Most people who see
the file name won't know it is a joke.  With them, it will really encourage
the harmful "cloud" meme.

The name of something generally has more PR effect than the substance.
If the effect of the name is bad, it is impossible for the substance
to cancel that out.  So always use a name that doesn't have a bad PR
effect.

The joke can be presented in another way.

--
Dr Richard Stallman