two likely bugs with qualified methods

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: two likely bugs with qualified methods
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 00:11:05 -0700

Not serious ones, but...

See the following:

(cl-defmethod base ((str string))
  "This one's okay"
  (message str))

(cl-defmethod base :extra "ext" ((str string))
              "This one isn't"
              (message "extra method")
              (cl-call-next-method))

The first problem should be evident: alignment doesn't work correctly
for any qualified methods. This is with emacs -Q, built from master.

Additionally, if you try to instrument the second form for edbugging,
the cursor jumps to the first argument in the argument list, and you
get:

edebug-syntax-error: Invalid read syntax: "Expected lambda expression"

That only happens with the :extra qualifier (I assume because it has an
additional positional element before the arg list).

Both of these are pretty much just chrome, but they're fairly important
chrome! I will open a couple of bug reports, if necessary.

Thanks,
Eric