Re: Org Mode version to be bundled with Emacs 25?

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Org Mode version to be bundled with Emacs 25?
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 10:57:43 -0700

EZ> If Org is as important as people said in the recent discussion (and I
EZ> believe it is indeed that important), then we will never want it to move
EZ> out of core, so that Emacs always comes with Org bundled.

I would like to go into 'tarball ELPA': That section of ELPA which is always
bundled with each release, but which core packages may not depend on.

This different from 'core ELPA' which both goes into the release tarball, AND
core packages may depend on them (i.e., a mechanism exists to copy from ELPA
into core at suitable times).

All of which is distinguished from 'package ELPA', which people would install
from as they do now, using M-x package-install.