Re: Emacs and jEdit

From: Clément Pit--Claudel
Subject: Re: Emacs and jEdit
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 09:26:01 +0200

On 2016-07-19 09:08, Andreas Röhler wrote:
> What about the screenshots given? Seems there is not just async creating
> difficulties.

Why do you attribute Emacs' lack of support for Isabelle's funky format to
difficulties, rather than, say, lack of interest?  AFAICT there's only one
editor supporting Isabelle, and that's at least in part a design choice (in
addition to a custom build of jEdit, the Isabelle people use a custom Isabelle
font, and a custom Isabelle encoding based on UTF-8 with subtle, incompatible
divergences from the standard).

In any case, I don't think I see anything in these screenshots suggesting
difficulties (but I could be wrong).  We've had prettify-symbols-mode for a
while, and Proof General had unicode-tokens.el before that.  It would help if
you pointed out something that might be hard to support in Emacs.

And if you're interested in areas where we have an edge, I've attached a
screenshot of jEdit and Emacs displaying the same text side-by-side. Try to
spot an issue on the jEdit side :)

Clément.