Re: Add autoload cookies in seq.el

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Add autoload cookies in seq.el
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 15:24:01 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Lars, why did you put read-multiple-choice in subr.el?  Its only user
> currently is message.el, which is not preloaded, so I think preloading
> seq.el as result of this is not justified.

Perhaps subr-x.el would be a better place for it...

But I find it rather odd that we can't use the best and most modern
libraries in the most central parts of Emacs.  That's kinda backwards.
The most central parts of Emacs gets the most obfuscated code?

Not dumping seq with Emacs seems rather odd, because it's going to get
used a while lot.  That's the point of having a library like that.