Re: Development suggestions from an ENSIME developer

From: Christian Kruse
Subject: Re: Development suggestions from an ENSIME developer
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 16:30:00 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> writes:

> An open letter was posted on dar interwebs
>
> https://medium.com/@fommil/open-letter-to-the-emacs-maintainers-226cb67a961f#.1pq4ienoh

While I disagree on a lot of the premises (e.g. the email/mailing list
thing - most of the developers I know are pretty happy with email and
lists) I think he has a point: it is *very* hard to get into Emacs
coding. I tried it more than once but failed. Documentation seems very
distributed (for a look here, for b look over there, ...), a clear
step-by-step guide to get a build environment including running tests
seems to be missing. E.g. why is there no "contribute" document on the
shiny new website? Heck, I even failed to find beginner bugs in the bug
tracker.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to by grumpy, I am extremly grateful
for the hard work you people do.

Best regards,
--
Christian Kruse