Re: debbugs tracker builds character

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: debbugs tracker builds character
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 14:03:31 +0300

On 07/21/2016 09:27 AM, Michael Albinus wrote:

Sending a commit link might be more tricky. The bug could belong to
another pakage but "emacs", debbugs cannot know the base of the package
repository.

Send a full URL?

A commit can also reference a bug (and thus show in the bug's
discussion) without closing it.

Sure. There must be an obvious indication that the bug shall be
closed. "Fixes #45" was just the example I've taken from the Github page
you've referenced to. It could be any other keyword.

I mean that in this case the notification about the commit would also need to be added to the bug discussion, but the control server is not the way to do this, at least in this case.