Re: Development suggestions from an ENSIME developer

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Development suggestions from an ENSIME developer
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 21:23:28 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: address@hidden (Phillip Lord)
>> Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 19:40:24 +0100
>> Cc: address@hidden
>>
>> There needs to be the willingness to adopt it, if we choose something,
>> though.
>
> Expect it to be adopted if it makes our jobs simpler, like faster, or
> saves us from doing some of the stuff at all.  Otherwise, you will
> have difficulty convincing at least me to move.

*shrugs*

As with everything, it will makes things somewhat slower during
adoption. And I can only give you anecdotal evidence that it will make
things better after adoption.

> Also, I think the solution should support text-mode browsers, such as
> Lynx or Emacs's eww on TTY frames.  IOW, anything that requires GUI
> and won't work otherwise is probably out of question to begin with.
> (This requirement is not for me personally.)

If that is a hard requirement, then I think we are not going to get much
further with a web 2.0 program. The best option is going to be somewhere
to host clones for developers, and then use debbugs.

But, it really is a hard requirement.

Phil