Re: debbugs tracker builds character

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: debbugs tracker builds character
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 12:18:10 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> writes:

> Michael Albinus <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> This might be possible by extending the SOAP interface. Not that I like
>> it, but we've changed the SOAP interface already, so we aren't
>> compatible with Debian's debbugs server anymore, for some operations.
>
> If you add such a function, I'll finish the offline implementation (and
> document it :-)).

Looks like we have it already. `debbugs-search-est' supports the
attribute :@cdate, which means modification date of a message. If you
want to see all bugs of package "emacs" with a message sent between
July 20th and July 30th 2016, you'll apply

(apply
 'debbugs-gnu-bugs
 (delete-dups
  (mapcar
   (lambda (x) (cdr (assoc "id" x)))
   (debbugs-search-est
    '(:max 1000)
    `(:@cdate
      ,(floor (float-time (encode-time 0 0 0 20 07 2016)))
      ,(floor (float-time (encode-time 0 0 0 30 07 2016)))
      :operator "NUMBT")
    '(:package "emacs")))))

Since status changes are also triggered by emails, you should get all
modified bugs of that time frame. That's more than you want (just bugs
with changed attributes), but it might be sufficient, if the time frame
is not too large.

This still needs some work. `debbugs-search-est' does not retrieve the
results in seval hunks asynchronously, as `debbugs-get-status' does
already. The attribute :@cdate is not exposed (yet) in
`debbugs-gnu-search', and `debbugs-search-est' is also not documented
yet in the Debbugs Programmer Guide. Will do all of this.

Best regards, Michael.