Re: Add autoload cookies in seq.el

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Add autoload cookies in seq.el
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 18:28:41 +0300

> From: Nicolas Petton <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 17:07:30 +0200
>
> BTW, I don't know if seq.el should be preloaded or not, but if it is,
> I'd preload map.el as well, they go hand in hand for different data
> structures.

Once again, we don't decide on preloading a package by these criteria.
A package needs to be _needed_ by preloaded code before it becomes a
candidate for preloading.  Its general utility, by itself, is
irrelevant.

IOW, having a package not preloaded doesn't make it second-class in
any way.  I wonder where this idea came from.  It is profoundly
false.  By that logic, Dired is not first-class citizen.